Wagyu (Kobe) Meatloaf With Tomato Gravy
3 slices of white bread, torn
¾ cup heavy cream
3 eggs beaten
Sauté In 3 Tblsp. Unsalted Butter:
1 ½ cups mined onion
1 Tblsp minced garlic
1 cup pureed Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup minced shallots
¼ cup minced celery
Add to Bread:
½ cup minced fresh parsley
2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp black pepper
1 Tblsp sea salt
2 lb. ground Wagyu (Kobe) beef 80/20
4 strips sliced bacon, cut into 16 strips
Tomato Gravy and Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375*. Prepare loaf pan.
- Combine bread, heavy cream, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; soak 20 min. Then, lightly mash to paste consistency.
- Sauté onion, tomato puree, celery, garlic, and shallots in butter over medium heat for about 5 min, cool 5 min.
- Add parsley, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt, blk pepper, and the sauté tomato mixture to the bread mixture.
- Fold in ground Wagyu beef. Spoon meatloaf into loaf pan.
- Top with bacon strips; place half the bacon strips diagonally across the meatloaf and cross with remaining strips. Bake 1 hour and 15 min or until internal temp reaches 160*F. Remove from oven and let cool 20 min before serving.
2 strips sliced bacon, diced
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup dry red wine-Cabernet Sauvignon
Add & Simmer:
1 2/3 cups Wagyu (Kobe) soup bones beef broth
1 1/2 cups Roma tomatoes, seeded, chopped
¼ cup ketchup
2 Tblsp yellow mustard-Frenches Classic Yellow
2 Tblsp brown sugar
Sauté bacon in a saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Add onion and sauté 3 min or until soft. Add red wine, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer until gravy is reduced to 2 ½ cups, 20 min. Season with sea salt and blk pepper.
Serve meatloaf with gravy and mashed potatoes.
Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
1 Wagyu (Kobe) Flank steak
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
2 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
3 Tsp olive oil
½ Tsp Blk pepper
¼ sea salt
1 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
- Prepare Wagyu flank steak by scoring both sides in crisscross pattern, cutting 1/8 inch deep. Place in shallow glass backing dish.
- Assemble ingredients for marinate; onion, garlic, 2 Tblsp of balsamic vinegar, oil and blk pepper in small bowl. Pour over steak, turning to evenly coat both sides. Cover with clear cling food wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hrs.
- Heat grill. Remove Wagyu flank steak from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of flank steak with sea salt. Grill, covered over medium heat until internal Temp reaches 140*F for medium rare, turning once.
- Serve; place Wagyu flank steak on cutting platter and let stand 5 min. Cut diagonally into thin slices. Pour accumulated juices over slices and drizzle with 1 Tblsp of balsamic vinegar.